Water damage restoration is a critical task that requires the right tools and equipment. Whether it’s flooding, spills, leaks, or natural disasters, water can cause significant structural damage in a short period of time. As a professional in the restoration field, having the right tools on hand can mean the difference between saving a structure or being too late to salvage it. Here are five essential pieces of equipment every water damage restoration professional needs in their toolkit:
- Moisture Meters: These handheld devices measure the moisture content (%MC) in a material. They can help detect damage before it’s visible to the naked eye by taking a reading of the moisture level, either through a pin or an electromagnetic frequency.
- Extractors: Extractors are heavy-duty machines designed to remove high volumes of water from water-logged carpets, standing water, or flooded sites. These industrial-grade machines can be used with specialized hoses and vacuums to help remove water safely.
- Air Movers: Airflow is essential for water damage restoration, and air movers play a critical role in this process. They help speed evaporation and move humid air to the dehumidifiers, creating drier conditions on a restoration job site. Air movers can reach areas that may be hard to get to, such as under cabinets and high ceilings.
- Dehumidifiers: Dehumidifiers draw humidity out of the air to create a drier environment. As air with a high moisture content passes through the machine, it passes over coils that extract the moisture before blowing warm, dry air back out.
- Air Scrubbers: Air scrubbers are portable tools that help keep the air on a restoration job site clean. They work by circulating air to clear unwanted odors and remove harmful particulates, improving overall indoor air quality.
In conclusion, time is of the essence when it comes to water damage restoration. Having the right tools and equipment at the ready can make a significant difference in the outcome of a restoration job. Explore our catalog to find a wide selection of all the essential equipment restoration professionals need. Don’t see something you’re looking for? Give us a call, and one of our industry experts can help make sure you get the tools you need.